Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this May. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family. Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself. Be advised that we will be closed the weekend of Memorial Day including Saturday the 27th and the following Monday, May the 29th. Programs this May include:
- Our annual Spring Fling put on by the Friends of the Library beginning at 10:00am May the 20th. There will be face painting, a petting zoo, crafts, and a fireplace for the whole family to enjoy. At 11:00pm there will also be a Storytime no registration required just come and have fun.
- Our Storytimes are back this Spring with the return of Baby Storytime and two new storytimes this January, Music&Me Storytime and Preschool Storytime. Join use Fridays at 10:30 am until May 19th for the Preschool Storytime, Mondays at 10:30 for Baby Storytime, and Wednesday the 26th at 6:00 pm for Little Artist Storytime. Call or come in to register.
- Books on Tap at the Warfield Grille. Come to the Warfield Grille to enjoy our monthly book club on May 16th at 7:00pm. Afterwards stay for for Pub Trivia Night at 8:00 pm.
- Join our state representative Bill Sowerby for coffee and conversation. Come to discuss the current issues or just to hang out. Monday April 22nd at 1:00pm no registration required.
- Paws for Reading comes to the library on May 9th at 5:30 pm. Reba the dog comes to the library and joins us for a reading session. This program is perfect for shy readers and those that struggle with reading. This is a drop in program so registration is required.
- Teen Movie Night Saturday May the 6th at 6:00pm. Come watch Suicide Squad with the library and bring your friends for this free movie.
- An Adult Open Crafting Night for creating whatever kind of craft you would like. On Tuesday May 30th at 6:30pm.
- Library Board Meetings Monday the 8th and Tuesday the 9th at 1:00pm.