Summer Reading Club
June 18 – August 18
Kids’ Movie: Peter Rabbit – Monday 6/18 at 2pm
Showing the DVD upstairs on the big screen
Teen Games Galore! Wednesday 6/20 from 2-4pm
FPL invites teens going into 7-12 grade for an after noon of games.
STEAM: Make Your Own Drum – Thursday 6/21 at 6pm
For children ages 8-12
Friday at the movie: The Wizard of Oz – Friday 6/22 at 2pm
Our community Rocks: Summer Celebration – Saturday 6/23 12-3pm
At Steffens Park
FPL Geek Night
Here at the Fraser Library we are looking to start a new group of programs referred to as FPL Geek Night, and we are looking for your suggestions. Feel free to contact our Reference Librarian Matt at email@example.com with any suggestions.
FPL Geek Night will kick off with our Magic the Gathering event on July 11, and will continue each Wednesday with a new theme. We plan on not only having events for teens, but also having fun activities for the adults.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at
586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Macomb County Cooling Center
While weather is heating up, the library is staying cool. The Fraser Public Library is one of the featured cooling centers located in Macomb County. Attached is a link to the other locations.
Featured June events:
- Friends’ Ram’s Horn Fundraiser: Thursday, June 7th @ 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Library Activity at Farmer’s Market: Saturday, June 9th @ 9:00am – 1:00pm
- History of Eastern Market: Thursday, June 28th @ 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Grief Counseling: Tuesday, May 5th @ 6:45 pm
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required. Join us Thursday, June 7th @ 6:00 pm!
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: Saturday, June 2nd @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm and Tuesday, June 12th & 26th @ 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Library Knitters: Saturday, June 9th @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Books on Tap: Tuesday, June 19th @ 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, June 21st @ 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- STEAM: Make Your Own Drum: Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Children ages 8-12 are invited to make their own drum out of household items like a coffee can! Once the drum is made, they can decorate it and make it their own!Registration required and begins June 4th
- Adulting 101: Wednesday, June 27th @ 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required. Dates: Every Monday in June @ 10:30am.
- Little Wiggles: This music and movement story time is for kids ages walking-5 and their caregivers. It’s a great transition to traditional story time (more books and sitting) for our little ones who love to walk around! We invite everyone to come, dance, sing and have fun! We might read an action book or two and/or shake our shakers and scarves. Registration required. Dates: Every Wednesday in June @ 10:30am.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Dates: Every Friday in June @ 10:30am.
Make sure to check back later for July events!