Summer Reading Club
June 18 – August 18
Macomb County Cooling Center
While weather is heating up, the library is staying cool. The Fraser Public Library is one of the featured cooling centers located in Macomb County. Attached is a link to the other locations.
Featured July Events:
Here at the Fraser Library we are looking to start a new group of programs referred to as FPL Geek Night, and we are looking for your suggestions. Feel free to contact our Reference Librarian Matt at email@example.com with any suggestions.
FPL Geek Night will kick off with our Magic the Gathering event on July 11, and will continue each Wednesday with a new theme. We plan on not only having events for teens, but also having fun activities for the adults.
- FPL Geek Night: Anime Club, Teens starting at Wednesday, July 18th, 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm, showing My Hero Academia and Konosuba. Adults starting at Wednesday, July, 6 pm – 7 pm, showing Cowboy Bebop and Psycho Pass.
- Fun Family Fitness: Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:00pm – 7:00pm, CCPlus Fitness will be here once again this time to provide a program that’s fun for the ENTIRE family! We’ll do dances and learn about music from around the world as part of our SRC theme Libraries Rock! Come and dance away with your little ones! Registration required and begins July 2nd.
- Board Game Night: Wed, July 25, 2018 6:00pm – 7:30pm — Based off of the poll we was ran last week, it looks like we have a winner. For FPL Geek night, July, 25th we will be holding a board game night. Feel free to bring some friends, and some games. We’d also like to know what games you’d like to play, to see if we can get a hold of them. This event is all ages, and will run from 6 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Tidy Up Your Life: Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Join FPL as we read Spark Joy by Marie Kondo. Copies will be available in the library throughout July. We’ll gather for refreshments and refreshing conversation about the KonMari method (Marie Kondo is author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Spark Joy). Let other knows if and how you’ve applied this tidying method to your life–whether successfully or not! Registration required and begins July 2nd
- 3D Printing Demonstration: starting Friday, July 27th @ 12 pm – 4pm — Join our librarian Steve, as he gives a demonstration on how to utilize our new 3D printer. Patrons will also be able to sign up for classes to use the 3D printer
- A2 Magic Show: starting Saturday, July 28th @ 11 am – 11:45 am, Magician Jeff Wawrzaszek will be performing his A2 Magic Show, during which every child will receive a free magic trick and a positive message about reading.
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: Saturday, July 24th @ 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Books on Tap: Tuesday, July 17th @ 7:00 – 8:00 pm – We’ll be reading Victoria by Daisy Goodwin, stop by the Circulation Desk, and grab a copy.
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, July 19th @ 6:30 – 7:30 pm — For Libraries Rock! this Adult Crafting night will be coloring…to music! Join us for a relaxing night! Registration required and begins the first Monday of the month.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required. Dates: Every Monday in June @ 10:30am.
- Little Wiggles: This music and movement story time is for kids ages walking-5 and their caregivers. It’s a great transition to traditional story time (more books and sitting) for our little ones who love to walk around! We invite everyone to come, dance, sing and have fun! We might read an action book or two and/or shake our shakers and scarves. Registration required. Dates: Every Wednesday in June @ 10:30am.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Dates: Every Friday in June @ 10:30am.
Make sure to check back later for August events!
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at
586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.