Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this February. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Book Donations Accepted starting February 5th
Featured February events:
- Tech Help Pop-Up at Quirky Girls: Did you get a tablet or other device for the holidays? Are you having trouble understanding your smartphone? Do you want to know more about the FREE e-services provided by Fraser Library? You will find answers at this tech help session held at Quirky Girls Coffee & Bake Shop on Wednesday, February 7th @ 3:00 pm! NOTE: This event is held offsite at 34356 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI 48026. No registration required.
- Drew Philp Author Visit: A $500 House in Detroit: Thursday, February 8th, 6:00 – 7:00 pm. FPL welcomes local author Drew Philp to read from his book A $500 House in Detroit and to talk about his journey in fixing up an old Detroit home. Pictures to accompany talk. Registration required and begins January 29th.
- Saturday STEAM: Saturday, February 10th, 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Saturday STEAM is an educational and fun way for kids ages 8-12 to come and do an activity at the library and to blow off steam! Registration required. Please sign up beginning the first Monday of the month.
- Valentine’s Storytime Pop-up at Quirky Girls: Saturday, February 10th, 3:00 – 4:00 pm. NOTE: This event is held offsite at 34356 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI 48026. This special storytime will feature Valentine’s-themed books and rhymes. Once storytime is done, participants will decorate cupcake provided by Quirky Girls! For ages 2-6. Space is limited. Registration is required and begins January 29th.
- Teen Unvalentine’s Day Lock-In: Saturday, February 10th, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Grace Binkley Jewelry Waitlist Date: Tuesday, February 13th, 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Detroit Story League Monthly Meeting: Saturday, February 17th, 12:00 – 3:00 pm. The Detroit Story League is a group of storytellers and story-lovers. At our free meetings you will hear stories from 3 storytellers, followed by a brief workshop about storytelling and then our business meeting. We bring our lunches and meeting hosts and hostesses provide beverages and desserts. Anyone 16-years-old or older may attend meetings. Come as a listener, a teller, or both! Storytime is not just for children! You will love it!
- CCPlus Drums Alive!: Tuesday, February 20th, 2:00 – 3:00 pm. CCPlus instructors bring the drums and you bring the rhythm! Come and bang away some of that mid-winter break energy! For ages 5 and up. Registration required and begins February 5th.
- Adulting 101: Budgeting 101: Wednesday, February 28th, 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Kelly Lawrence of Edward Jones will be on hand to run through how to budget, how to make a budget, and how to stick to it going forward. Registration required and begins February 5th.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required. Join us this month on Thursday, February 1st @ 6:00 PM.
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: 2/3, 2/13, 2/17, & 2/27.
- Books on Tap: FPL’s off-site book club meets at Warfield Grille to discuss the book of the month! Grab a copy at the Circ desk now. No registration required. See you on Tuesday, February 20th @ 7:00 pm
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, February 15th @ 6:30 pm! Craft to be announced soon!!
- Little Ones Big Ones: We invite any children ages 0-5 and their guardians to drop in at the Children’s Area on Saturday, February 10th @ 11:00 am. We will have senior volunteers to pair up with your children to read, play, make a craft, and/or explore! There is no registration required, just stop on by!
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required.
- Toddler Storytime: This storytime is for children 18 to 36 months. Children will listen to stories, sing rhymes, and will sometimes make a craft or do a special activity. Registration required.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required.
Make sure to check back later for March events!