The safety of our patrons and staff is top priority; therefore, we are taking the necessary precautions to eliminate non-essential contact and exposure.
To get started with curbside pick-up, please read below:
• To checkout a book or pick-up a hold, please call the library at (586) 293-2055 between the hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. A librarian will assist you and the library staff will grab your items for you.
• When you arrive at the library, remain in your car and please call the library again to tell a staff member you’re outside along with your car model and which pick-up spot you’re parked in.
• A staff member will roll your items out on a cart. Please allow the staff member to step 6 feet away before getting out and grabbing your materials.
• Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times.
• Any materials being brought back to the library must be placed in the appropriate drop box before or after the staff member comes outside. We will not accept returns on the cart for safety reasons.
We assure all our patrons we’re taking necessary steps to disinfect all incoming materials and quarantining them for 4 days as recommended by the CDC and Library of Michigan, so please be aware materials will not be available as soon as they come back to the library.
Our virtual programs will still go on as planned on Zoom or Facebook Live. Take-and-make kits, teen serenity kits and literacy kits will still be available to pick-up via curbside.
The library’s curbside service hours will be Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We will copy, print and fax via curbside. Please call us and we will walk you through the necessary steps. All fees apply.
We appreciate your understanding with this decision. Please know it was a difficult choice for us to make; our staff has enjoyed seeing you all at the library and we can’t wait for that day to come back. But for now, we’ll enjoy seeing you outside, six feet away.