Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this May. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Featured May Events:
- AAW Improv Troupe: Friday, May 4th @ 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Library Activity at Farmer’s Market: Saturday, May 12th @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Spring Fling: Saturday, May 19th @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- KonMari Book Club 1/2: Tuesday, May 22nd @ 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Film for Adults: Friday, April 6th @ 2:00 – 3:00pm.
- Grief Counseling: Tuesday, May 1st @ 6:45 pm
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required. Join us Thursday, May 3rd @ 6:00 pm!
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: Saturday, May 5th @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm and Tuesday, May 8th & 22nd @ 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Library Knitters: Saturday, May 12th @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Books on Tap: Tuesday, May 15th @ 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, May 17th @ 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Saturday STEAM: Comes join us Saturday, May 12th @ 2 pm for an educational and fun way for kids ages 8-12 to come and do an activity at the library and to blow off steam! Please sign up beginning the first Monday of the month.
- Adulting 101: Wednesday, May 30th @ 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required. Dates: Every Monday in May @ 10:30am except for Memorial Day, May 28th.
- Little Wiggles: This music and movement story time is for kids ages walking-5 and their caregivers. It’s a great transition to traditional story time (more books and sitting) for our little ones who love to walk around! We invite everyone to come, dance, sing and have fun! We might read an action book or two and/or shake our shakers and scarves. Registration required. Dates: Every Wednesday in May @ 10:30am except May 30th.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Dates: Every Friday in May @ 10:30am.
Make sure to check back later for June events!