Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this July. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family. Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself:
- We are starting to accept book donations on Monday the 14th in anticipation of our Fall Book Sale.
- Join the seed saving workshop at 6:00pm on Thursday the 10th to learn from farmer Bill Cohen the best way to save your garden seed for the next spring. Registration is required and begins July 29th.
- Kids are welcome to come help 4th Wall Theatre preform a play for the closing of kids summer reading. Registration begins July 31st for the Saturday 12th closing of our summer reading program beginning at 2:00pm. Come preform your stories for cheering crowds and help use celebrate the end of summer reading.
- Teens are welcome to come to their own summer reading closing celebration on the same day (Saturaday the 12th) at from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. We will be hosting our own escape room for the event so come test your wits and celebrate the end of a summer of reading with the library.
- Join Author Lolita Hernandez about her fictional works about the city and community of Detroit at 6:30pm on Wednesdaythe 16th. Registration is required and begins July 31st.
- Our new Summer Friday Classic Film Series. Running through mid August each Friday starting at 1:00pm we will be hosting a viewing of a different classic film. Come and enjoy such classics as North By Northwest and The Goonies. In August we will be showing David Bowe’s Labyrinth on the 4th and Vertigo on the 11th.
- Our Kids STEAM Challenge were kids can come and praticipate in STEAM projects to have fun learning Science Technology Engineering Art and Math skills. No Registration required. Wednesday the 9th starting at 3:00pm and lasting to 7:00pm. Continue…