Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this October. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself:
Featured October events:
- A Walk Through Time: Local clock shop owner Joe Kuechle will be on hand to show you everything about clocks int his four week session! Week 1 starts Monday, September 25th from 6-8pm. Registration required for all sessions and begins September 5th.
- Ram’s Horn Fundraiser: Want an easy way to help the Friends of the Fraser Library? Grab dinner at Ram’s Horn on Thursday, October 12th between 5-8pm and 15% of your dinner goes to the Friends. The Friends are responsible for the Spring Fling, Christmas Caper, book sales, and more, so your dinner helps them greatly!
- Aircraft Pioneers: On Thursday, October 12th from 6:30-7:30pm come Learn about the contributions of four American aviation pioneers as they developed the ability to transport passengers through the air. Hear their stories of bravery, dedication and innovation. Find out some fascinating but little known facts about the progress of commercial aviation.
- Little Ones Big Ones: A brand new program where children ages 0-5 (with their guardians) can make community connections and build social skills. This is a time to read, play, make a craft, and/or explore! There is no registration required, just stop on by! Saturday, October 14th from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- Michigan Brew Supply Demonstration: Ever wondered how to brew beer at home? Wonder no more! Come learn about Michigan Brew Supply, beer styles, and a brief history of homebrewing in the US on Saturday, October 14th from 1:00-2:00 pm. There will also be a hands-on demonstration with take-home recipe/instructions sheets. Registration required and begins October 2nd.
- Resume-Writing Workshop: Come join on October 18th from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. It’s a great time to create a new resume, revise an old one, and brush up on your resume writing skills! Registration required.
- Trick or Treat in the Library!: Please arrive promptly for this merry parade through the library for trick or treating on Saturday, October 28th from 3:00-4:00 pm! We will begin with one or two spooky stories and rhymes upstairs, then make our way throughout the library and grounds for some trick or treating fun! Registration required and begins October 2nd.
- Teen Halloween: Teens in grades 7-12 are invited to this after-hours event on Saturday, October 28th from 7:00-9:00pm. Come in costume and ready to play some fun games, do a craft, and of course, eat lots of candy! Pizza provided. Registration required and begins October 2nd.
- Ask a Financial Advisor: On Monday, October 30th from 5:30-7:00pm, Jonathan Strong of UBS Financial will be here to present on investing in today’s market followed by a Q&A session during which patrons are welcome to bring their questions for the financial advisor. Registration required and begins October 2nd.
- Welcome to our First Friday Film Series! On the first Friday of every month, we’ll be showing an assortment of movies on Fridays at 1pm for all ages. Chairs are provided, but patrons are welcome to bring camper chairs or their own pillows, blankets, etc. to get cozy while we watch a classic! No registration necessary. Movies TBA.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required.
- Join us for Library Knitters on Saturday, October 14th from 10am-12pm. Autumn is here and with it cooler weather. What better way to stay warm than to knit something cozy?
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary.
- Books on Tap: FPL’s off-site book club meets at Warfield Grille to discuss the book of the month! Grab a copy at the Circ desk now. No registration required.
- Pub Trivia: Transition from Books on Tap or just come to Trivia Night. Join FPL staff and friends for trivia and perhaps you could win a prize! Must be a team of two to four people. No registration required.
- Third Thursdays – “Bad Art Night”: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, October 19th from 6:30-7:30pm! Using any combination of provided crafting materials, we invite our patrons to make the worst art imaginable! Don’t worry about your artistic ability (or lack thereof!), the worst art is what will win you a small trophy at this event. Registration required and begins October 2nd.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required and begins September 5th.
- Toddler Storytime: This storytime is for children 18 to 36 months. Children will listen to stories, sing rhymes, and will sometimes make a craft or do a special activity. Registration required and begins September 5th.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required and begins September 5th.
- Little Artists Storytime: Join us on the last Wednesday evening of every month as we hold a special themed storytime! This month come join us for books, rhymes, and process art! Registration required and begins October 2nd.
Make sure to check back later for November events!