Summer Reading Club
June 18 – August 18
Macomb County Cooling Center
While weather is heating up, the library is staying cool. The Fraser Public Library is one of the featured cooling centers located in Macomb County. Attached is a link to the other locations.
Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this July. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Featured August events:
- 3D Printing Drop In Event & Classes –
Friday, August 17 Drop in from 2-2
Friday, August 24 Drop in From 12-2 with a class from 2-3:30
Friday, August 31 Drop in from 12-2
For the drop in events come see what we’re making, also patrons can set up requests for items they want printed. For a requested item, it is a dollar for each time the flatbed is used plus an additional 10 cents per gram.
- BOOK DONATIONS START FOR BOOK SALE Starts August 20th
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: Tuesday, August 14 & 28 @ 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Club: We’ll be discussing Sleeping Giants, and picking books for the next few meetings. August 15 @ 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Books on Tap: We’ll be discussing Bear Town. Tuesday, August 28 @ 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, 16th @ 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Find the stones that resonate with you! Discover how stones transmit positive health, balance emotions, and create spiritual well-being. Create a healing pendant. Space is limited so registration is required and begins July 30.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Date: Friday August 10 @ 10:30am.
We will keep you posted when the story times return on a regular basis
Make sure to check back later for our September events!