Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this April. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Featured April events:
- Children’s Movie & Popcorn: Monday, April 2nd @ 2:00 – 4:00pm.
- Teen Movie & Pizza: Tuesday, April 3rd @ 2:00 – 4:00pm.
- Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom!: Wednesday, April 4th @ 2:00 – 3:00 pm. The audience will be amazed when the Mad Scientist is able to defy gravity in this energetic and spectacular special event. Didgeridoo tubes, foaming hands and steaming chemical reactions will introduce children to a world of exciting chemistry. Registration required and begins March 5th.
- Henna for Tween, Teens, & Adults: Thursday, April 5th @ 6:00 – 8:00pm. Stop in for henna by Angel Shah! Ages 8-18! Registration required and begins March 5th. Space limited!
- Film for Adults: Friday, April 6th @ 2:00 – 3:00pm.
- Detroit Unseen with Robert Huston: Thursday, April 12th @ 6:00 – 7:30pm. He will be talking about the history of Detroit and how the city ended up with all the abandonment. He will be discussing how we can save the buildings from being demolished or ruined, by repurpose and renovation. Registration required and begins April 2nd.
- Prom Makeup Tutorial: Saturday, April 21st @ 2:00 – 3:00pm. Are you interested in making heads turn with your makeup at prom? Look no further than professional makeup artist, Francie Fruitman. With experience in Hollywood and locally, Francie will tell you all the tips and tricks to get a unique and beautiful look. We’ll offer snacks and every participant will leave with a little pre-prom token. Registration required and begins April 2nd.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required. Join us Thursday, April 5th @ 6:00pm!
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: April 3rd, 10th, & 24th @ 5:30 – 6:30pm and April 21st @1:00 – 2:00pm.
- Books on Tap: FPL’s off-site book club meets at Warfield Grille to discuss the book of the month! Grab a copy at the Circ desk now. No registration required. See you on Tuesday, April 17th @ 7 pm!
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, April 19th @ 6:30 pm!
- Little Ones Big Ones: We invite any children ages 0-5 and their guardians to drop in at the Children’s Area on Saturday, April 14th @ 11 am. We will have senior volunteers to pair up with your children to read, play, make a craft, and/or explore! There is no registration required, just stop on by!
- Saturday STEAM: Comes join us Saturday, April 14th @ 2 pm for an educational and fun way for kids ages 8-12 to come and do an activity at the library and to blow off steam! Please sign up beginning the first Monday of the month.
- Adulting 101: Wednesday, April 25th @ 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required. Dates: Every Monday in April @ 10:30am.
- Little Wiggles: This music and movement story time is for kids ages walking-5 and their caregivers. It’s a great transition to traditional story time (more books and sitting) for our little ones who love to walk around! We invite everyone to come, dance, sing and have fun! We might read an action book or two and/or shake our shakers and scarves. Registration required. Dates: Every Wednesday in April @ 10:30am.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Dates: Every Friday in April @ 10:30am.
Make sure to check back later for May events!