Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this March. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family.
Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself.
Featured March events:
- St Patrick’s Day/Spring Storytime (Off Site Location): Saturday, March 17th @ 2pm. Children ages 2-6 are invited to join the FPL Children’s Librarian as she presents a St. Patrick’s Day and Spring-themed storytime at Quirky Girls Coffee and Bake Shop! After we read stories and sing rhymes, our young participants will decorate a shamrock-shaped sugar cookie! Space is limited so registration is required.
- The Promise of Spring – Stories, Songs, & Dancing: Thursday, March 22nd. Genot Picor and his band of musicians return for The Promise of Spring–children ages 5 and up are welcome to this interactive program of singing, dancing, and stories! Registration required and begins March 5th.
- Kids Open Play: Fraser Library invites regular attendees of storytimes (and newcomers!) to drop by the library during their normal time as a way to stay connected with other parents and storytime goers. No registration required. Dates: March 14th, 16th, 19th, 21st, and 23rd.
- Adulting 101 – Healthy Eating: This month we have healthy eating with Chef George Rapitis, a teacher at Schoolcraft. Chef George will show you an easy recipe for banana cinnamon pancakes and he’ll discuss the health benefits of eating breakfast and why we should never skip it. There will also be a lesson on how to read the labels of drinks in order to determine how much sugar they have. Registration required and begins March 5th.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required. Join us Thursday, March 1st!
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary. Dates: March 13th, 17th, & 27th.
- Books on Tap: FPL’s off-site book club meets at Warfield Grille to discuss the book of the month! Grab a copy at the Circ desk now. No registration required. See you on Tuesday, March 20th @ 7 pm!
- Third Thursdays: A Craft Night for Adults on Thursday, March 15th @ 6:30 pm! Cindy Rindt will be here to help you make a homemade soap for the spring months! Registration required and begins the first March 5th.
- Little Ones Big Ones: We invite any children ages 0-5 and their guardians to drop in at the Children’s Area on Saturday, March 10th @ 11 am. We will have senior volunteers to pair up with your children to read, play, make a craft, and/or explore! There is no registration required, just stop on by!
- Saturday STEAM: Comes join us Saturday, March 10th @ 2 pm for an educational and fun way for kids ages 8-12 to come and do an activity at the library and to blow off steam! Registration required. Please sign up beginning Monday, March 5th.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required. Dates: March 5th, 12th, and 26th.
- Toddler Storytime: This storytime is for children 18 to 36 months. Children will listen to stories, sing rhymes, and will sometimes make a craft or do a special activity. Registration required. Date: March 7th.
- Little Wiggles: This music and movement story time is for kids ages walking-5 and their caregivers. It’s a great transition to traditional story time (more books and sitting) for our little ones who love to walk around! We invite everyone to come, dance, sing and have fun! We might read an action book or two and/or shake our shakers and scarves. Registration required. Date: March 28th.
- Preschool Storytime: for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required. Dates: March 2nd & 9th.
Sneak peek at April events!