Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this September. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family. Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself:
Friends Book Sale
September 16th, 10am-5pm
September 18th and 19th, 10am-8pm
- Welcome to our First Friday Film Series! On the first Friday of every month, we’ll be showing an assortment of movies on Fridays at 1pm for all ages. Chairs are provided, but patrons are welcome to bring camper chairs or their own pillows, blankets, etc. to get cozy while we watch a classic! No registration necessary. Movies TBA.
- TAB: Teen Advisory Board is an opportunity for teens to get more involved in their local library. They can use this group to have more input in teen programming, to gain leadership and communication skills, and to accumulate volunteer hours. Teens may also have the option of doing various projects around the library. No registration required.
- Join for Library Knitters on Saturday, September 9th from 10am-12pm. Autumn is coming and with it cooler weather. What better way to prepare for the cold than to knit something warm?
- Paws for Reading: Children, especially beginning or struggling readers, are invited to come read to Reba the dog, who is a most patient listener! Grab a comfy spot in the Children’s nook and read a book or two with Reba. This is a drop-in program, no registration necessary.
- Friends Book Sale: The Friends of the Library is holding a 3-day book sale. Come check out what titles are available. Dates: September 16th 10am-5pm and September 18th and 19th 10am-8pm.
- Books on Tap: FPL’s off-site book club meets at Warfield Grille to discuss the book of the month! Grab a copy at the Circ desk now. No registration required.
- Pub Trivia: Transition from Books on Tap or just come to Trivia Night. Join FPL staff and friends for trivia and perhaps you could win a prize! Must be a team of two to four people. No registration required.
- Preschool Storytime for children age 3-5. Come listen to stories, sing rhymes, and make a craft! Registration is required and begins September 5th.
- Outlander Party!!: Outlander fans unite! To celebrate the premiere of the third season of the successful Starz show, FPL invites adults to the library! Let’s talk about the books, rave about the tv show, and try our hand at Scottish activities and foods, and there will even be a little bit of trivia! Feel free to come in costume. Registration required and begins September 5th.
- A Walk Through Time: Local clock shop owner Joe Kuechle will be on hand to show you everything about clocks int his four week session! Week 1 starts Monday, September 25th from 6-8pm. Registration required for all sessions and begins September 5th.
- Baby Storytime: This storytime is geared specifically towards babies 0-18 months. Parents, family members, and caregivers are invited to bring their young ones for a morning of songs, rhymes, and even a story! Registration required and begins September 5th.
- Toddler Storytime: This storytime is for children 18 to 36 months. Children will listen to stories, sing rhymes, and will sometimes make a craft or do a special activity. Registration required and begins September 5th.
- Little Chefs Storytime: Join us on the last Wednesday evening of every month as we hold a special themed storytime! In this storytime, we will read food- or cooking-related stories, do food rhymes, and make a trail mix*! Registration required and begins September 5th. Ages 3-5. *Please let us know at signup if your child has any food allergies.
- Paper Airplanes: Children 6-12 are invited to drop in to this program to test out different paper airplane designs, see which ones fly in the straightest path, and see which ones fly the longest! No registration required.
- Jane Austen Fashion Lecture, Georgian Crafts, & Dessert Bar: A Fundraiser: This event has been cancelled.
- Make sure to check back later for October events!