Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this July. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family. Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself:
- Costa Rican rainforest presentation at 6:00pm on the 24th.
- Make your own slime for kids at 6:00pm on the 20th.
- Kids, Teens, and Tweens are welcome to join reading A Wrinkle In Time for our summer Tween book club. To start the book club there will be a special meeting on Saturday June 17th at 2:00pm. Copies of the book will be available behind the circulation desk.
- Butterflies and Bees for the kids at 6:00pm on the 20th.
- Our Summer Storytimes will continue with Baby and Preschool Storytimes staying on Mondays at 11:00 and Fridays at 10:30 respectively. Starting June 21st we will also be adding Toddler Storytime every Wenesday at 3:00. For the summer we are also bringing Storytime in the Park every Monday at 10:00 starting June 19th and continuing to September. Registration is required so call or come to the library to sign your children up.
- Our new Summer Friday Classic Film Series. Running through mid August each Friday starting at 1:00pm we will be hosting a viewing of a different classic film. Come and enjoy such classics as North By Northwest and The Goonies.
- Basic Garden Care class on Thrusday the 13th at 6:30pm.
- Books on Tap at the Warfield Grille. Come to the Warfield Grille to enjoy our monthly book club on June 20th at 7:00pm. Afterwards stay for for Pub Trivia Night at 8:00 pm.
- Join our state representative Bill Sowerby for coffee and conversation. Come to discuss the current issues or just to hang out.
- Paws for Reading comes to the library on June 13th at 5:30 pm. Reba the dog comes to the library and joins us for a reading session. This program is perfect for shy readers and those that struggle with reading. This is a drop in program so registration is required.
- An Adult Open Crafting Night for creating whatever kind of craft you would like. On Tuesday June 27th at 6:30pm.
- Library Board Meetings June 12th starting at 1:00pm.
- Our new weekly Tech-Tuesday. Having trouble with a phone, tablet, or computer come in with the device on Tuesday between 2 pm and 4 pm for a 15 to 30 minute session with a librarian to help you figure it out. We can cover devices, software, or internet and library services. Come with a question about tech you want answered and we will help you figure it out.
- Teens are encouraged to be involved with library through the Teen Advisory Board. This months meeting is on June 1st at 6:00pm.