Come to the library for one of the many interesting, entertaining, and informative programs the Fraser Public Library will be holding this June. Programs include events for children, teens, and adults that are both fun and educational. Some of the programs we offer may interest you or members of your family. Be sure to check our calendar for dates and times or call at 586-293-2055 if you want to suggest an event yourself:
- On Sunday June 25th starting at 1:00pm the library will be hosting a special Jane Austen themed presentation/get together featuring period fashion, period crafts, and delicoius Jane Austen inspired deserts. Tickets are $25 dollars at circulation and will include entry in a raffle. All proceeds will go to supplying the library with new shelving. This events is going to be wonderful and if you are a fan of Jane Austen or the period your bound to love it.
- For teens on Wednesday June 21st at at 6:00pm there will be a make your own speakers craft session. Teens will be able to make and decorate their own working speakers to use for whatever they like. Sign up soon as space is limited.
- For kids and families on Wednesday June 28th at 6:00pm there will be a build your birdhouse craft session. Families are invited come make birdhouses for all the local birds that need homes. This will be a great craft for kids of all ages so sign up soon.
- Kids, Teens, and Tweens are welcome to join reading A Wrinkle In Time for our summer Tween book club. To start the book club there will be a special meeting on Saturday June 17th at 2:00pm. Copies of the book will be available behind the circulation desk.
- A Summer Reading Club Kickoff will held on Saturday June 17th at 10:00pm. Come and get to know other members of the book club and discuss the upcoming book.
- Our Summer Storytimes will continue with Baby and Preschool Storytimes staying on Mondays at 11:00 and Fridays at 10:30 respectively. Starting June 21st we will also be adding Toddler Storytime every Wenesday at 3:00. For the summer we are also bringing Storytime in the Park every Monday at 10:00 starting June 19th and continuing to September. Registration is required so call or come to the library to sign your children up.
- Summer is here and now is a great time to start growing your own food. It so easy and enjoyable even the kids will love. That’s why on Wenesday June 14th at 6:00pm we will be having a Seed Starting Class For Kids! Children are welcome to sign up and come learn how to start there own seeds for the garden.
- Our World War II panel is back by popular participation on Saturday June 24th at 1:00pm. This time German veterans and survivors of the war will share their experiences in a panel format. This is guaranteed to be interesting and educational so sign up at the reference desk or over the phone.
- The summers now in full swing and with the ever increasing popularity of growing food in your home garden we decided to invite some folks from MSU to present on how to properly create, store, and use your own compost. They will be presenting on composting Thrusday June 29th at 6:30pm so sign up if you every want to learn how to turn your trash into compost.
- Books on Tap at the Warfield Grille. Come to the Warfield Grille to enjoy our monthly book club on June 20th at 7:00pm. Afterwards stay for for Pub Trivia Night at 8:00 pm.
- Join our state representative Bill Sowerby for coffee and conversation. Come to discuss the current issues or just to hang out.
- Paws for Reading comes to the library on June 13th at 5:30 pm. Reba the dog comes to the library and joins us for a reading session. This program is perfect for shy readers and those that struggle with reading. This is a drop in program so registration is required.
- An Adult Open Crafting Night for creating whatever kind of craft you would like. On Tuesday June 27th at 6:30pm.
- Library Board Meetings June 12th starting at 1:00pm.
- Our new weekly Tech-Tuesday. Having trouble with a phone, tablet, or computer come in with the device on Tuesday between 2 pm and 4 pm for a 15 to 30 minute session with a librarian to help you figure it out. We can cover devices, software, or internet and library services. Come with a question about tech you want answered and we will help you figure it out.
- Teens are encouraged to be involved with library through the Teen Advisory Board. This months meeting is on June 1st at 6:00pm.