Michigan Activities Pass
For the third year, Fraser Public Library along with libraries across Michigan is participating in the MI Big Green Gym program. Cardholders can enjoy the state’s parks, historic sites, campgrounds and more! Print a pass at home or at the library; each one-time entry pass is good for one week.
Background on Michigan Activity Pass
The Michigan Activity Pass is offered through MI Big Green Gym, a collaboration between Blue Cross, mParks and the DNR that encourages Michigan residents to use state parks and recreation areas to be active in support of a healthier lifestyle. Beginning May 24, cardholders of participating libraries can print a free one-day pass, either at home or at their local library, which can be used at any of Michigan’s 102 state parks or 138 state forest campgrounds. The program also offers free or discounted admission to 170 historical and cultural destinations in Michigan. New this year, parents or educators of fourth graders can access the National Park Service’s Every Kid in a Park initiative, which provides free passes to Michigan’s national parks and lakeshores, including Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Isle Royale National Park, Keweenaw National Historic Park, North County National Scenic Trails, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and River Raisin National Battlefield Park.
For more information on the Michigan Activity Pass, including a complete list of supported venues and participating libraries, visit michiganactivitypass.info.
To Print a Pass:
- Go to Michigan Activity Pass
- Enter your start location in the “Where I am Starting” text box. The location can be a zip code, address, library or destination.
- Select the radio button that corresponds with the maximum number of miles that you want your search to cover.
- Enter the Fraser Public Library in the “My Home Library” text box.
- Please note that in step four you have the ability to refine your search. You can search by al ldestinations or you can limit by subject.
- To limit by subject uncheck the “All Subjects” check box (this will clear all of the check marks in all of the subjects) and only check the boxes that you wish to search by.
- Last of all click on the “Search” box to execute your search.
- Search results will then display.
- When you have selected the attraction you want to visit click on the “Get Pass” button that corresponds to the said destination. (If you click on [More Info] first it will tell you what the offer for the chosen destination is.)
- The next screen that displays will show the passes that are available for that destination.
- Click on “Request Pass” to begin the reservation process.
(If you click on “Pass Details” first it will tell you what the offer for the chosen
- Fill out the name, phone number, email address and library card number fields in the template that
- Please note that you also have the option to send yourself an email reminder. Just select the
appropriate option from the drop down menu if you want an email reminder.
- Once all fields are filled in click on the “Continue” button.
- After clicking the “Continue” button a summary of the information that you filled out to reserve the pass will display.
- Once you have reviewed the information and it is correct, click on the “Submit this Request” to finalize the reservation.
- The final screen shot will be the MAP pass that you will print and take to the destination for the discount there.
Important things to remember about your MAP pass:
1. Patrons may check out one MAP pass per library card every 7 days.
2. When you print out a MAP pass, you have 7 days from the date it was reserved to
3. Please note that if you choose to print your MAP pass on a library printer, you may
be charged the regular fee that is assessed by the library for printing.
4. Photocopies of MAP passes will not be accepted at MAP destinations. Only passes
printed from the MAP website can be redeemed at MAP destinations.
5. Prior to your visit, please call ahead or check the museum’s website in order to
verify hours of operation, etc.
** Click MORE INFO underneath destination for pass information **
Michigan Museum Passes
Plan some museum hopping with your Fraser Library card. Each library has five passes per week per participating cultural museum. The pass is good for seven days from the day of checkout, unless there is a blackout day or the museum is closed. A list of the museums is on the MAP website. Patrons are allowed only one pass per library card. Only the original pass can be redeemed at museums.
If you need more information, contact the Fraser Public Library at 586-293-2055.